Financial Settlement

Deborah can help you whether you are married and separating or wish to divorce or if you are unmarried and separating.   For married couples there is family law that applies.  For unmarried couples there is no specific law, and you will need to rely upon Property Law and the case law that has provided guidance and principles for unmarried couples.


We can help you with:


  • Applications for a Financial Order

  • Applications for the Transfer of Property, Lump Sums, Pension Sharing and Maintenance Orders


All cases are different and the necessary applications depend upon the financial circumstances of the couples involved.  The Judge will only make orders where there has been full and frank disclosure of each parties financial circumstances.  


We can assist and guide you with the whole process or certain elements of the process, whichever you choose.  This can include:


  • Making an Application

  • Preparing the Financial Statement (Form E)

  • Preparing a Questionnaire and Responses to the Questionnaire from the other person

  • Attending the First Directions Hearing or the Financial Dispute Resolution Hearing

  • Assisting with Negotiation at Court or with the other party (or other parties Solicitor)

  • Assisting with writing without prejudice letters putting forward offers to settle

  • Discussing the best strategy, likely outcome and risks involved 

  • Assisting with preparation of documents such as Chronology, Case Summary and Statement of Issues and Schedule of Assets

  • Preparation for Final Hearing including Court Bundle, Skeleton Argument, Examination Questions  


Contact us here for further information or for a free initial consultation.


  • Wix Facebook page
  • Wix Twitter page
Contact Info


Deborah Nelson:  07956 591 000


Jo Stead-Burgess:  07415 857 186







2015 Deborah Nelson with

Family Court Friend is NOT a legal advice service.  It is a support and guidance service.  


Although  Deborah Nelson is a qualified Solicitor she does  not hold a practising Certificate to be able to advise you as to the merits of your case.  We are providing a service to you as a McKenzie Friends/Legal Assistants and therefore will not be responsible for any adverse decisions made in your case resulting from documents we have helped you prepare and guidance given to you prior to or during court proceedings.  We will not be responsible for any decisions made by you, the court or the other party's solicitor. or applications, 


If you require advice about the merits of your case or application or what to say in your statements you should consult a Practising Solicitor who is regulated by the Solicitor's Regulation Authority or a Direct Access Barrister.