Children Act

We can help you whether you are parents who need to determine where your child  lives or if you want to see your child more often.  Even if you are grandparents who want to see your grandchild.  Sometimes, where Children's Services are involved it can be challenging for grandparents to even speak with the Social Workers involved.  


Now called Child Arrangement Orders (formerly Custody Rights, Residence Orders, Access Rights or Contact Orders) we can help you make arrangements in or out of the Family Law Court.




 We can help you with: 


  • Applications for Parental Responsibility

  • Child Arrangement Orders (previously known as Custody Rights, Residence, Access Rights and Contact Orders)

  • Applications relating to relocation of your child

  • Prohibited Steps Orders (for example preventing your ex-partner from changing a child's school)

  • Specific Issue Order (for example changing a child's surname

  • Applications for DNA Testing

  • Applications to find out a child's whereabouts

  • Applications where  Children's Services are involved such as Care or Supervision Orders


We can assist and guide you with the whole process or certain elements of the process, whichever you choose.  This includes:


  • Making an Application

  • Attending the First Directions Hearing or the Financial Dispute Resolution Hearing

  • Assisting with Negotiation at Court or with the other party (or other party's Solicitor)

  • Assisting with writing letters putting forward offers to settle

  • Discussing the best strategy, likely outcome and risks involved 

  • Assisting with preparation of Documents such as Position Statement and Statement of Evidence 

  • Assisting with preparation for Final Hearing including Court Bundle, Skeleton Argument, Examination Questions  

  • Attending the Final Hearing 


Contact us  for further information or for a free initial consultation.



Family Court Friend is NOT a legal advice service.  It is a support and guidance service.  


Although  Deborah Nelson is a qualified Solicitor she does  not hold a practising Certificate to be able to advise you as to the merits of your case.  We are providing a service to you as a McKenzie Friends/Legal Assistants and therefore will not be responsible for any adverse decisions made in your case resulting from documents we have helped you prepare and guidance given to you prior to or during court proceedings.  We will not be responsible for any decisions made by you, the court or the other party's solicitor. or applications, 


If you require advice about the merits of your case or application or what to say in your statements you should consult a Practising Solicitor who is regulated by the Solicitor's Regulation Authority or a Direct Access Barrister.  

2015 Deborah Nelson with